Thursday 8 March 2007

Boy throwing plastic bricks at me

Marian was waking up about every two hours. She eventually woke up around 7:30am. After feeding her breakfast, I took her to the playgroup. I was hoping we could stay from 10am to around 12pm but the stay was cut short by this boy who was throwing bricks at me. I tried to stop him but he was very persistent. Another mother scolded his actions (I should have really done this). Then Marian started to cry. I tried to stop her but she would not stop so we had to leave early. My only explanation for this is that she got scared that daddy was having problems protecting himself. I wonder if I strongly scolded the boy, things would have turned out very differently?

To occupy her insatiable appetite for exercise, I took her to the playground instead. There, we played until around 12pm. During this time, she touched some excrement. My telling her not to touch excrements countless number of times was all in vein. Luckily, I brought a wet tissue. Ideally, there should not be excrement in the playground. Toxocariasis (infection caused by the
dog or cat roundworm) is definitely a worry. Dogs should not enter the enclosure. Whilst cats could be kept out by positioning bottles with water around the enclosure. This should reduce the quantity of excrement found in the playground.

I cleaned her hands thoroughly. She had some lunch that my dad prepared. She had unusually a two hour nap (1pm to 3pm). After some milk, I took her to the park again just before 4pm. There is much more interaction with other children. There were three much older girls playing together and Marian followed them around. Got back home just after 5:30pm. She was eager to read some books. My wife came back from work. She fed her dinner. Since she had stayed up to get Marian to sleep, she was very tired. I tried to put Marian to sleep at around 10pm but she would not have any of it. I managed to get her to sleep at nearly 1am. I hope she does not wake up throughout the night. Just after two hours of sleep. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

anastasia robin said...

I think she just wanted attention.... She may or may not remember this happening...

anastasia robin said...

EXCREMENT? That's disgusting

anastasia robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.