Monday 5 March 2007

A bit about this blog and my daughter

My daughter is called Marian and she is 21 months old. Even though I regret not starting this blog on the day she was born (pretty difficult to do that), I am still a bit hesitant to start one. Probably because I have not got permission from Marian. When she is old enough, I will ask her. So the fate of this blog is in her hands at the moment.

Why start now? Well, primarily because I would like my relatives to keep in touch with her developments. Although anyone else is most welcome to visit and participate.

Her development so far. She started walking at 9 months (before she crawled. In fact I don't think she has ever crawled apart from when she used to crawl upstairs at a very young age.). She loves to climb and I am looking forward to the day when we can climb mountains together. My parents told me she climbed up a ladder when she was about 15 months. They were picking apples in the garden and she decided to go up the ladder. I suppose she had had a lot of experience in going up and down the stairs.

She loves going to the park and the playground. There are swings, slides, rocking animals, horizontal beams, a climbing frame, a roundabout. Since she is there almost everyday, she is comfortable on most of the apparatus. She is getting used to moving her legs on the swing. She will straighten and bend her legs but the timing seems to be off so she cannot keep the swing moving on her own.

I cannot remember when she spoke for the first time. I do remember that she was saying many words when she was 16 months. Probably because we were asked to read through many books each day. She has been understanding us for a very long time but it is only maybe a month or so ago when she started to use short sentences. I suppose she is not speaking more sentences because she is learning three languages concurrently.

1 comment:

anastasia robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.