Thursday 19 April 2007

Telling a lie for the first time?

I don't know when children start to tell lies but I think Marian (22 months) told her first lie yesterday. I saw a snake I cut out of card inside the bin. It had been torn into several pieces. I asked her if Marian had ripped it up? She hesitated and said no. I asked her again and she said yes.

She has shown this cheeky side from a very young age. I think it started when she offered something to me and she retracted it from me. This kind of cheekiness has been steadily increasing. Yesterday, she insisted on playing on the wide windowsill where I had put a solar powered watch. I asked her twice not to move it but she did not listen. On the third asking, she quickly grabbed it and threw it. Luckily it landed on some clothing. If she had managed to throw it properly (she is very capable of throwing things), it could have easily broken a window.

No comments: