Thursday 12 April 2007

Jardin des Plantes

In the restaurant with my wife. We were again very hungry at this stage. The starters were ok but the main was disappointing to say the least. The steak I ordered was so hard that I must have achieved an equivalent to a full work out at a gym. I don't normally leave food but I could not manage to cut the last piece of steak small enough (the knife was too blunt) and my jaw was not strong enough to grind it into smaller pieces. Time for a different title I think.


The walk along the Seine was pleasant. We found a nice playground before we got to Notre Dame. That should occupy any bored toddler. The person on the right is a friend, Duke (husband of Anna).

Asleep at last. We walked along the Seine to the Notre Dame area and into a restaurant where she woke up.


When we arrived at the park, I spotted a playground but I was a bit disappointed by the size of it. I was hoping to find another one as we walked around and this was it. It was a shame because the time was approaching her nap time.


She likes these rocking animals too. Sometimes I worry about her snapping her neck the way she moves vigorously on these spring rides. This time she could not manage to satisfy her need for speed because her feet could not reach the foot rests.

Phew, she managed it.


This is typical of Marian. Since she had already climbed up the normal way, she attempted to climb up another way.She has a habit of trying out different ways to do things. This was evident from such a young age. Take for instance, going down the stairs. She has used the wall to support herself, then the banister, without any supports, sliding down on her bottom, jumping down, using the same leg as the leading leg, alternating the leading leg, facing forwards, facing backwards etc.

She also likes climbing. She will not pass up an opportunity to climb up a ladder.


Marian loves slides.

We wanted to find a playground for Marian and we were recommended Jardin des Plantes. The park was full of locals basking in the sun. I like to escape the tourists and experience the hang-outs of the locals.

1 comment:

anastasia robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.